Wednesday, July 11, 2007






Dreams….

I read something several weeks ago that fitted perfectly into everything that was happening around me that week.

Although I knew, that God had placed me exactly where I am today, I was bursting with questions.

Why not me !? Why is it not happening yet !? How much longer !?
Why here when it just does not seem to be happening !?

All those questions fueled by the fact that I simply was not seeing my desires materialize. I did not see my ambitions achieved within the time frames that I had decided that they must be achieved. Progress was simply not happening the way I decided I ought to be happening.

But, one thing had slipped my mind and it took a very dear friend to remind me. The reason I am where I am. My Father God.

Against all odds, He had placed me here. It was His plan. (And truly it could not have been any more amazing) But all the sudden, I turned things around to how I wanted it to be..leaving His plans and desires out of the picture.

How silly of me!

I read something that very evening whilst still bursting with questions that showed me how extremely silly I had been to cling onto all those dreams and desires the way I did.

I realized that I was never going to achieved any of it that way, and even if by some strange way I did – its sweetness would barely be an ounce. It could never fulfill me.

Because the most fulfilling of dreams are achieved the way God has designed for them to be achieved.

Below, is an adaptation of what I read that night by Stormie Omaritan

“God puts dreams into our hearts to give us vision and inspiration and to guide us to the right path.

That’s why we have to make sure the dreams we have are not from our own flesh.

The only way to be sure is to lay all of our dreams at His feet and let them die. And we must also die to them.

The ones that are not from Him will be buried forever.

The ones that are from Him will be given new life.

We do not want to be wishful thinkers.

We want to live with confidence that our hopes, dreams and expectations are based on God given certainty that He is behind them.

We want the hope that comes from God alone and is built on a foundation of His promises to us and His revealed purposes in us.

This kind of hope is an anchor to the soul.”


Today, my dreams and desires have a new meaning altogether.

3 comments:

Nebula's Quill said...

So Sherril always remember to take one step at a time and at every step remember to pray and discern if it comes with God's approval. For every step there is the bait of the enemy waiting to devour us and lead us astray.

- Jimmy Leow

Sara Teng said...

Hey, long long time no see!!! I really very very MISS you...Anyway, i'm now curi tulang a bit at work to read your blog and so, just wanna drop a comment to you on this.

"God put dreams into our hearts to give us vision and inspiration" I totally agree with it. Because of this, we will have the PATIENT and PESERVERANCE to work towards the dreams...and no shortcut for it.

Nebula's Quill said...

Sara !! my dear , we've missed you too !! You should pop by !

And yes, patience and perserverance is key. :)