Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Isaiah 61



1 The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me; He has sent me to bring glad tidings to the lowly, to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives and release to the prisoners,

2 To announce a year of favor from the LORD and a day of vindication by our God, to comfort all who mourn;

3 To place on those who mourn in Zion a diadem instead of ashes, To give them oil of gladness in place of mourning, a glorious mantle instead of a listless spirit. They will be called oaks of justice, planted by the LORD to show his glory.

4 They shall rebuild the ancient ruins, the former wastes they shall raise up And restore the ruined cities, desolate now for generations.

5 Strangers shall stand ready to pasture your flocks, foreigners shall be your farmers and vinedressers.

6 You yourselves shall be named priests of the LORD, ministers of our God you shall be called. You shall eat the wealth of the nations and boast of riches from them.

7 Since their shame was double and disgrace and spittle were their portion, They shall have a double inheritance in their land, everlasting joy shall be theirs.

8 For I, the LORD, love what is right, I hate robbery and injustice; I will give them their recompense faithfully, a lasting covenant I will make with them.

9 Their descendants shall be renowned among the nations, and their offspring among the peoples; All who see them shall acknowledge them as a race the LORD has blessed.

10 I rejoice heartily in the LORD, in my God is the joy of my soul; For he has
clothed me with a robe of salvation, and wrapped me in a mantle of justice, Like a bridegroom adorned with a diadem, like a bride bedecked with her jewels.

11 As the earth brings forth its plants, and a garden makes its growth spring up, So will the Lord GOD make justice and praise spring up before all the nations

A simple conversation with a dear friend was a pleasant reminder of this chapter from Isaiah. Hopefully..it'll remind you, the way reminded me..

( Picture by : Tim Fernandez)

No comments: