Saturday, August 11, 2007

3 Years !

It has officially been 3 years. 3 whole, complete, years since the first time I started officially working. Of course there were all sorts of other odds things that I did before that I actually called work. This ranged from getting paid to do chores, to giving literature tuitions to even handing out flyers! Yes I had some ‘broke’ moments.

Starting off, a dewy eyed teenager, completely oblivious to everything - to the me I am now. I recall how afraid I was, this day 3 years ago. All the uncertainties put together, was more often too much to handle.

But after 2 years of being with the organization, I began to grow a little too content – the unhealthy sort of content. So much to the extent that I accepted the fact that I was too numerically young to progress. I knew it was time to move on but I lacked very vital then. Faith in God.

But our Heavenly Father being the perfect Father that he is blessed me by allowing someone very special back into my life just about then. This person not only lit this fire of passion that I today have for God , but somehow helped regain my confidence , ambition but most of all helped me believe once again that I too can dream , and my dreams can come true.  I have not stopped dreaming since!

Our Heavenly Father being the perfect father that he is not going to let anything go to waste. All the exposure I gained in that organization not only made my CV look good, it built my character. Isn’t it amazing how God can take the worst situation imaginable and turn it around into something so amazing that its mind blowing!

Thus began a new journey, this time one chosen specifically for me by my Heavenly Father. The last 9 months (oh, how time flies!) have been amazing, new faces, new experiences – I can’t believe how blessed life can truly be ! I have given Him so little compared to how abundantly he has blessed me.

Have circumstances been different; would my choices have been different?

Probably.

What’s for sure, I would not have the most precious group of friends ( all equally, if not more in love with God ) that I do today, I would barely be able to enjoy the sense of peace I today do – but above all that , I would not be in love with God the way I am.

Our Heavenly Father is ever waiting to welcome us home into His kingdom; it is truly whether or not we want to be home. Oh, how I wish I had decided to go go home to Him, 3 years ago.

No comments: