Thursday, February 15, 2007




Thank you Joseph for sharing this with me.

GOD HAS CREATED ME
God has created me
to do Him some definite service.
He has committed some work to me
which He has not committed to another.

I HAVE A MISSION
I may never know it in this life
but I shall be told it in the next.

I AM A LINK IN A CHAIN
A bond of connection between persons
He has not created me for naught
I shall do good — I shall do His work
I shall be an angel of peace
A preacher of truth in my own place
while not intending it
if I do but keep his commandments.

THEREFORE I WILL TRUST HIM
whatever I am, I can never be thrown away if I am in sickness, my sickness may serve Him in perplexity, my perplexity may serve Him if I am in sorrow, my sorrow may serve Him.

HE DOES NOTHING IN VAIN
He knows what he is about
He may take away my friends
He may throw me among strangers
He may make me feel desolate
make my spirits sink
hide my future from me – still
HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS ABOUT.

- John Henry Newman

No comments: